Custom Log Cabins and Cottages
Create a log cabin retreat that’s at home in the world around it
Log cabins and cottages have an aesthetic all their own. They harken back to a simpler time, when days were spent outdoors and nights were enjoyed around the fire. Town + Country Cedar Homes designs and builds custom log cabins that will satisfy your soul without sacrificing luxury.
Log Cabin & Log Cottage Construction
Town + Country Cedar Homes will design and construct your log cabin or cottage from the finest materials with the most skilled craftsmen, and we’ll handle all aspects of the process from conception to completion. The logs for your cabin will be expertly milled from only the best wood at our Boyne Falls, Michigan, mill, and then assembled on-site.
We’ve worked with more than 10,000 families to take the stressful design and building process and turn it into an exciting, enjoyable journey that we’re on together. You won’t have to coordinate contractors and other vendors or worry about budgets and schedules. We’ll take care of everything and include you at every step, from visualization to log cabin construction.
Log Cabin & Log Cottage Conveniences
- Log cabins blend in with nature. Your log cabin or log cottage will have rustic beauty thanks to the Northern White Cedar we prefer to use for all of our log cabin design and construction projects. When left untouched the Cedar will age to a soft, silvery gray. Or, you can paint or stain it to better blend with its natural surroundings.
- Log cabins are resilient. Your log cabin will be at home in the woods — or plains, or mountains, or wherever you choose to build it. Northern White Cedar contains natural preservatives that protect it from damaging pests and a closed-cell structure that blocks mold and mildew caused by moisture. Learn why we recommend White Cedar for your log cabin project.
- Log cabins stand strong. Our Northern White Cedar is expertly milled to remove any damage or defect that could compromise its strength. Our cottage builders use only the strongest heartwood of the log, which is air- and kiln-dried to remove moisture and reduce the risk of checking and shrinking. Before the wood ships, our craftsmen remove all other defects by hand.
- Log cabins are eco-friendly. Northern White Cedar is the natural choice for homeowners who want to reduce their environmental footprint. Not only is it a renewable resource, but it also requires less processing and treatment than other wood building products. Town + Country Cedar Homes invests significantly in responsible harvesting, and any trees we use for your log cabin construction and design will be replanted.
- Log cabins are efficient. A log cabin home or log cottage can save money on utility bills. The large thermal mass of log walls helps naturally control heating and cooling inside your cabin.
Build Your Log Cabin or Log Cottage with Town + Country
Town + Country works with you to turn your vision into a log cabin or log cottage that’s as unique as you— your lifestyle, land, family, and budget.
We are your architect. We are your builder. We are your engineer and your project manager. We’re Town + Country Cedar Homes, and we want to help you design and build a custom log cabin or log cottage your family will live in and love for generations.